Senior Manager, Theatrical Marketing
- - Digital Marketing
- FLOWER MOUND, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development. Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Senior Manager of Theatrical Marketing is responsible for the development and management of Funimation theatrical goals and objectives. The Senior Manager is responsible for delivering on box office revenue goals and increasing revenue by screen performance for Funimation's theatrical releases by developing data-driven and innovative marketing programs. The Senior Manager of Theatrical Marketing reports into the Senior Director of Channel Marketing.
● Responsible for developing and implementing the Theatrical Channel marketing plan to grow box office revenue and to increase revenue by screen.
● Develops and manages the Theatrical Channel P & L to achieve business objectives/KPIs, in collaboration with the Senior Director.
● Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates past performance, market trends (including competitive release dates, box office comp titles) and competitor activity to identify market opportunities and generate best in class programs.
● Works with Sony counterparts and Funimation's data / research firm (AQ) to gather data and develop actionable insights.
● Responsible for establishing release dates, distribution strategy (markets and number of screens) in close collaboration with the Theatrical Distribution and Brand Teams.
● Owns milestones and the Theatrical Channel marketing budget.
● Closely aligns with Brand Marketing to understand title specific consumer insights and strategies.
● Creates Theatrical Roll Out plans that adhere to brand positioning using best practices for theatrical marketing plus innovative thinking for anime fandom.
● Oversees national theatrical activities and promotions.
● Closely collaborates with the Brand Team and shared services teams to ideate opportunities and execute successful campaigns.
● Owns communication of title performance to Brand Team and Senior Leadership Team.
● Creates Marketing / Sales Decks for Sales Team and Retail Marketing.
● Shares marketing ideas with channel teams (SVOD, Home Entertainment New Release, Home Entertainment Catalog, SHOP), Growth Team, Brand Marketing and Shared Services Teams to maximize broader opportunities throughout the company.
● Closely collaborates with Brand Marketing for licensor input and approvals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
● Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive consumer engagement and Funimation sales.
● Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses practical experience to complement data.
● Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
● Product Marketing - Proven ability to successfully launch new releases and think through a lifecycle management lens.
● Significant leadership skills and collaboration – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively build high-performing teams, effectively address challenges and lead a team to solutions.
● Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
● High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently.
● Bachelor's degree required
● Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, consumer-driven company.
● Proven ability to build marketing plans that deliver on overarching strategies (long and short-term).
● Experience securing and executing consumer promotions.
● Consumer and Business Analytics.
● Budgeting, P & L Ownership.
● Internal and External client partnership-building.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: Power Point, Keynote, and verbal).
● Previous experience in entertainment, theatrical distribution, anime or media is a plus.
● Proficiency in Japanese is a bonus.
● Current anime fan or desire to deeply understand anime and the anime fan.
● Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel).