- - Fan Engagement
- Flower Mound, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Funimation Entertainment offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated Conventions Coordinator to join our conventions team.
This is the opportunity to travel and attend some of the largest and most popular anime/pop culture conventions, i.e AKON, AnimeFest, Comic Cons (San Diego & New York), SBSW, Dallas Con and more. The Conventions Coordinator assists with the behind-the-scenes set-up as well as engaging with convention attendees.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Event Planning
- Pack and prepare shipments for upcoming events and schedule shipments via LTL or Freight Services
- Review contracts with Conventions Manager and submit purchase orders for each event.
- Meet with members of different departments and attend meetings to ensure all tasks are properly executed
- Coordinate travel schedules for the events team
- Solicit bids for upcoming jobs including trade show displays and promotional items as needed
- Event Execution
- Attend a variety of events across North America and Canada and provide excellent customer service to attendees seeking information from our booth
- Work with Conventions Manager to help manage different teams at events
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends
- Administrative Duties
- Excellent written communication, and ability to answer a variety of different inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Ability to create reports within excel
- Expense Reports
- Associates Degree required
- 1+ Years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience (retail), including administrative tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment, creative thinker and problem solver, accustomed to working in teams
- Ability to take direction and manage projects independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong familiarity with pop culture and current entertainment
- Professional experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office products
- Able to work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
- Able to lift 50 lbs