- - DVD/Blu-ray Video Production
- TX, USA
- Full Time
- G1200 Media offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated Subtitler to join our team.
Subtitlers are tasked with adapting scripts into MacCaption files. This is done by formatting the text as it will appear for viewers on screen, timing the text to match the spoken pace of the show, and proofing the text for any errors with positioning, timing, or grammar. In addition to foreign language properties, many shows require closed captioning as well. This is a similar process with a few notable changes (such as added audio descriptions). Completed projects are then exported into different formats for DVD, Blu-ray, theatrical, and numerous online vendors with differing specs.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Generate subtitles for DVD, Blu-ray and online use
• Create and modify subtitles using MacCaption closed captioning and subtitling program
• Perform QC of subtitles
• Other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• Strong written and grammatical skills
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, possess a high level of organization
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft office programs and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing deadlines
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Must be able to work flexible hours; including occassional nights and/or weekends