DVD & Blu-ray Quality Control Technician
- - DVD/Blu-ray Video Production
- Flower Mound, TX, USA
- Full Time
- G1200 Media offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated DVD and Blu-ray Quality Control Technician to join our team.
The DVD and Blu-ray Quality Control Technician is responsible for the approval of all scheduled DVD and Blu-ray products authored by G1200 media. This includes ensuring all DVD and Blu-ray check-discs meet the required standards and schedule defined by the DVD & Blu-ray Dept.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Testing and checking DVD & Blu-ray elements including audio, video, subtitles, credits, and programming
- Clearly document issues with precise attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicate with various departments to achieve resolution: DVD & Blu-ray authors, producers, audio, editing, quality control, compression, subtitles, translation
- Self-motivated and able to work from an existing schedule
- Responsible for identifying errors and verifying correct performance based on existing specifications
- Develop a working knowledge of a variety of job duties as required on a case-by-case basis
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 2-5 years DVD & Blu-ray quality control or equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of DVD & Blu-ray menu navigation and programming
- Knowledge about subtitles and closed captions
- Solid English proofreading skills
- Knowledge of common video issues such as banding, blocking, and compression-related distortion
- Knowledge of common audio issues such as loudness, dropouts, pops, clicks, and sync to video
- Knowledge of common spelling and grammar issues related to credits, titles, and subtitles
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of digital streaming and online media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing deadlines
- Previous video production or post-production experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of and a passion for entertainment, animation, and pop culture is a plus
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media