- - Fun.com Technology
- FLOWER MOUND, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Software Engineer to join our Consumer technology team. This position participates in all phases of the software implementation - requirements gathering and analysis, functional design, technical design, coding, testing, implementation, and post implementation support.
If you have experience in designing and developing scalable, high quality, complex web software with modern user-oriented interfaces, and you like working in a highly collaborative agile development environment, you'll fit in well with our team.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable custom-built technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Hands-on ability to design and code in various technologies such as Python and SQL
- Work on system development tasks that include planning, design, development, testing, documentation, and deployment
- Develop system specifications, technical designs and software code
- Design and develop test plans, perform unit tests, integration tests and user acceptance tests
- Create and maintain program and technical documentation
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Work closely with end-users, business analysts and other stakeholders to coordinate plans and activities that affect the assigned projects
- Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- Strong Python experience building web applications in a team environment
- 4+ years working with Python
- 2+ years working with Django
- Experience working with REST API's
- Knowledge of responsive design methodologies
- Experience with Bootstrap responsive framework is a plus
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, or equivalent data stores
- Experience working with AWS is a plus
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, etc.) is a plus
- Exposure to front end MVVM frameworks such as Backbone/Ember/AngularAbility to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener.
- Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, and merchandising
- Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media