Software Engineering Manager
- - Fun.com Technology
- FLOWER MOUND, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Manager of Software Engineering to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers to architect, design, and develop cutting edge technologies. This leader will work with senior engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background developing service architectures. This person must also be a strong leader and an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Manage team to scale distributed systems, make architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
- Contribute to building scalable, high-performing tech infrastructure
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies.
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Manage a team of product engineers into a highly performing engineering product team.
- Mentor and grow engineers. Have a vested interest in their direct report's long-term career and life goals and help them manage plans to reach those goals
- Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability of software
- Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- 10+ Years of experience in software development.
- The candidate must have exceptional technical skills with implementation as well as architecture and integration.
- Good understanding of architecture and design patterns
- Good understanding of platform interoperability strategies, risks and challenges
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Expert knowledge of designing and developing web applications and API's using Microsoft.NET or LAMP technology stack
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener.
- Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media